Enjoy this delicious array of no-fuss holiday dishes that’ll add sparkle to your table this season. (Serves 6)
- Molasses Pork Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cups molasses
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (3/4-pound) pork tenderloins
- Red Wine (Optional)
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add tenderloins. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill tenderloins, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Red Wine Sauce, if desired.
- Note: Tenderloins may be pan seared in a hot skillet to brown and then baked at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes.
Preparation for Red Wine Sauce
- Sauté onion in butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 3 minutes, or until browned. Add wine, and cook 3 minutes. Add beef broth; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch; add to broth mixture, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and serve over tenderloin.
Southern Living, December 2002