An Elegant Feast
This holiday dinner menu stars beef tenderloin and ends on a sweet note with Upside-Down Cranberry-Ginger cake. (Serves 8)
Prep this entrée up to a day ahead, then just pop it in the oven. It’ll be ready in only 35 minutes. Be sure to ask for a center-cut beef tenderloin, which has a consistent width and cooks more evenly than a piece with a tapered end.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (2-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Combine mustard and horseradish; spread evenly over tenderloin. Pat breadcrumbs into mustard mixture. Wrap tenderloin in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove and discard plastic wrap from tenderloin. Place tenderloin on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Place tenderloin on a cutting board; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Cooking Light, December 2004